Find out how to refer your patient to Specialist Clinics and access referral guidelines and forms.
We prefer to receive electronic referrals (eReferrals) from GPs.
If you're not set up for eReferrals, you can fax your completed Specialist Clinics Referral form to 03 9496 2097. We do not accept referrals by email.
If you have questions, contact the GP Priority Line on 03 9496 2900.
View our Specialist Clinic referral guidelines and forms.
Referral guidelines are also published to Health Pathways Melbourne.
The HealthLink eReferral Solution allows you to submit pre-populated eReferrals directly into our Patient Administration System.
The benefit of this system is:
- You can refer to all Specialist Clinics
- It's free - there's no cost to your practice
- Important patient health information is pre-populated into the eReferral, reducing the requirement for typing and collating information
- Attachments can be sent with the eReferral, such as pathology and radiology results
- You'll receive notification that we've received your eReferral in real-time
HealthLink SmartForms are available with leading GP clinical software vendors.
How to set up eReferrals
View step-by-step guides on how to set up eReferrals:
For more support, read the HealthLink SmartForms Fact Sheet.
Get help with eReferrals
- For help with HealthLink SmartForms, or to have the solution enabled in your clinical software system, call HealthLink on 1800 125 036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Eastern Melbourne PHN on 03 9046 0355 or email email@example.com or speak to your local PHN
Referral next steps
Accepted referrals are triaged as urgent or routine:
- For urgent referrals, Specialist Clinics will contact the patient to make an appointment for within 30 days.
- For routine referrals, Specialist Clinics will send a letter to the referrer and the patient detailing the next steps.
Where a referral is incomplete or declined, Specialist Clinics will send a letter to the referrer (and the patient in the case of a declined referral) notifying them of the outcome.