We’re making some temporary changes to appointments in our Specialist Clinics
Where possible, Specialist Clinics (outpatient) appointments will be held by phone or telehealth, rather than in person.
Important information for patients:
- You will be contacted before your appointment to let you know if it will be done by phone/telehealth. Please attend as normal unless told otherwise.
- You are required to attend your Specialist Clinic appointment alone if the appointment is being held at the hospital. This is to help us manage the risks associated with COVID-19.
- Carers must only attend with the patient if the patient is a child, has behavioural needs, or requires assistance with translation or mobility.
- Children must not attend appointments with you, unless they are the patient.
- For information about changes that may affect you if come to our hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic, including changes to access and visitor screening, see our coronavirus information.
We've introduced text messages to notify you of appointment changes
- You may receive a text message from 'AustinHealth' asking you to confirm or cancel your appointment via a web link.
- Please respond to the message by clicking the link as soon as possible (within 24 hours).
If you have questions or concerns or can't attend your appointment, then please let us know by contacting the relevant clinic or the Specialist Clinics call centre on 03 9496 2444 or by filling out the form below.
If you think you're at risk of having COVID-19 call our hotline on 03 9496 6606 or complete our online screening tool.
For more information about coronavirus visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
About Specialist Clinics
We operate one of the largest specialist clinic services in Victoria with around 24,000 appointments held each month for more than 400 clinical session types.
Specialist Clinics is open 8am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday and our call centre is open 8am to 5.30pm. We're closed weekends, public holidays and for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period.
145 Studley Road
- Clinics 1 to 5: Level 3, Lance Townsend Building
- Clinic 6: Level 3, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Centre
Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
300 Waterdale Road
- Clinics A to E: Ground floor, Tobruk Centre Building
- Clinic 2 East: Level 2, Centaur Wing Building
- Clinic 4 East (Green and Orange): Level 4, Centaur Wing Building
Link to location maps
Contact us by phone
- 03 9496 2444
- 1800 134 864 (toll free for regional patients)
- 131 450 (free telephone interpreter service)
Contact us online
(If you can't see our form below, use this version.)