We’re making some temporary changes to appointments in our Specialist Clinics
Where possible, Specialist Clinics (outpatient) appointments will be held by phone or telehealth, rather than in person.
- You will be contacted before your appointment to let you know if it will be done by phone/telehealth. Please attend as normal unless told otherwise.
- If your appointment is being held at the hospital, please come alone unless you need someone to help you.
- To help us protect staff and patients from the spread of coronavirus, we are now screening all visitors and outpatients entering Austin Health buildings.
- Screening points have been set up at building entrances and screening will involve answering a series of questions and having your temperature taken.
- We are also limiting the number of entrances that can be used to enter our buildings to help ensure we can screen everybody coming in. For more information on current access to buildings please click here.
We've introduced text messages to notify you of appointment changes
- You may receive a text message from 'AustinHealth' asking you to confirm or cancel your appointment via a web link.
- Please respond to the message by clicking the link as soon as possible (within 24 hours).
If you have questions or concerns or can't attend your appointment, then please let us know by contacting the relevant clinic or the Specialist Clinics call centre on 03 9496 2444.
The changes above will occur in some clinics before others but if you think you're at risk of having COVID-19 call our hotline on 03 9496 6606 or complete our online screening tool.
For more information about coronavirus visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
About Specialist Clinics
We operate one of the largest specialist clinic services in Victoria with around 24,000 appointments held each month for more than 400 clinical session types.
Specialist Clinics is open 8am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday and our call centre is open 8am to 6pm. We're closed weekends, public holidays and for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
- 03 9496 2444
- 1800 134 864 (toll free for regional patients)
- 131 450 (free telephone interpreter service).
145 Studley Road
- Clinics 1 to 5: Level 3, Lance Townsend Building
- Clinic 6: Level 3, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Centre
Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
300 Waterdale Road
- Clinics A to E: Ground floor, Tobruk Centre Building
- Clinic 2 East: Level 2, Centaur Wing Building
- Clinic 4 East (Green and Orange): Level 4, Centaur Wing Building
Link to location maps