Early Graduate Program 2019 - Mental Health Nursing
Austin Mental Health Graduate Nurses wanting 12 months in mental health are provided with a supportive environment to develop to their full potential.
Graduates have two rotations to integrate theory with practice in a range of general and specialist child, adolescent and adult mental health services with a focus on consumer centred high quality care.
The successful completion of the academic requirements provides graduates with recognition for prior learning for the Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing with The University of Melbourne, RMIT University, Latrobe University, Monash University and University of South Australia. Subject accreditation may also be obtained with other universities.
Also offered: a combined General and Mental Health Graduate Nurse Year program
- Do you love both General & Mental Health nursing?
Austin Health also offers a Combined Graduate Nurse Year program.
- 6 months rotation in Mental Health (Adolescent Mental Health OR Secure Extended Care Unit)
- 6 months in the General Hospital (Acute Surgical OR Medical Unit)
The University of Melbourne: Department of Psychiatry
- The Department of Psychiatry offers a training program with a unique variety of specialist rotations.
- There are 26 Registrar positions with part-time options available.
- There is an additional Child Psychiatry Specialist Training Program - the largest and most comprehensive in Victoria.
- The Department's dynamic team of consultants, involved in university teaching, college examinations and internationally recognised research are dedicated to maintaining a high pass rate.
Advantages of the program include:
- New College requirements are met within a wide variety of rotations in addition to adult and community services.
- Specialist services not available elsewhere such as Veterans, PTSD, Mood & Eating Disorders Unit, Parent Infant Unit, Brain Disorders Unit cater for comprehensive learning opportunities on site.
- Multi-dimensional liaison service
- Flexibility, with part-time work available
- Comprehensive educational program
- Recognition of Senior Registrars
- Research projects available for those interested in an academic career.
Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria