Residential facilities can call us on 0422 006 655 Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm
Our Residential In Reach service provides care to clients in residential aged care facilities, as an alternative to coming to the emergency department.
This free service is available to support facilities to manage acute health issues when a GP or locum is unavailable.
We provide the following services for clients in residential facilities:
- Assess and manage unwell or injured residents
- Provide treatment options other than hospital transfer
- Adminster subcutaneous fluids and IM medications
- Troubshoot catheter/PEG problems
- Provide palliative care support
- Advice with complex wounds
For residential facilities
Contact us if you:
- Are unable to access the resident's GP (or if the GP is requesting Residential In Reach)
- Are considering sending a resident into the emergency department
- Need assistance to perform a procedure
- Need timely clinical advice
Call 0422 006 655 Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm.
Please have a full set of current vital signs available before calling.
Same day assessments available for referrals received before 3pm (based on triage and availability).
Residential In Reach
Phone: 0422 006 655
Open hours: Monday - Sunday 9am - 5pm