Comprising a surgical team of over 25 surgeons, 4 fellows, 7 registrars and 8 residents over two campuses the Orthopaedic Surgical Unit at Austin Health provides a very large and vital service to the Victorian Community.
The team sees over 15,000 outpatients and performs over 2,000 operations per year.
The unit has embraced the trend of increasing specialisation within orthopaedics and is able to accept referrals and provide expert treatment relating to all orthopaedic areas.
- Spine - tumour, trauma, disc pathology, degenerative, scoliosis;
- Shoulder - arthroplasty (including ‘reverse' TSR), arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery, trauma;
- Elbow - arthroplasty, arthroscopic surgery, trauma;
- Hand - Dupuytren's, nerve decompression, reconstructive surgery;
- Hip - hip arthroscopy, femoral and pelvic osteotomies, THR (including anterior approach), revision THR);
- Knee - sports and trauma surgery (meniscal, ACL and multi-ligament repair/ reconstruction, patellar stabilisation), femoral and tibial osteotomies, TKR, Revision TKR; and
- Foot and ankle - reconstructive, arthroplasty, arthrodesis.