Working in a supportive environment, our mental health graduate nurses will have the opportunity to integrate theory with practice by working in a range of mental health settings with a focus on consumer-centred high quality care.
Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program
Applications are now open for our Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program.
This program offers graduate nurses with a supportive environment as a foundation to reach their full potential.
Our graduates have two clinical rotations to integrate contemporary mental health theory into clinical practice, in either inpatient settings or the community.
Our program offers:
- A dedicated Graduate Coordinator
- Graduate and unit clinical educators
- Two rotations
- Large variety of acute and specialty rotations in inpatient and community settings
- Part-time (4 days a week)
- Structured orientation program
- Online and direct learning
- Structured clinical supervision and reflective practice.
- Physical wellbeing support - including EAP and wellness programs
- Financial wellbeing support - including salary packaging options
- Secure and subsidised staff car parking
- Bike storage on-site
- Staff discounts with many local businesses
- Close proximity to train, buses and Heidelberg shopping precinct.
- Austin Health Graduate Nurse Program 2022 Personal Details Form (In the current job ad)
- Cover letter – one page
- Curriculum Vitae – two pages
- Academic transcript
- Most up to date
- Include marking key
- Must have digital signature or be a certified copy
- Two clinical appraisals – 1 x third year acute and 1 x mental health appraisal
- This is a maximum of 10 pages per appraisal
- This should include:
- Cover page
- Time sheet
- Preceptor comments (formative & summative)
- If non-digital tool, this must be certified
- 1 x most recent acute or subacute clinical appraisal
- 1 x mental health placement clinical appraisal.
- A headshot photograph.
We also offer a combined general and mental health program.