At Austin Health we offer a range of postgraduate programs for nurses.
About our postgraduate programs
Austin Health has a long history of supporting registered nurses to undertake postgraduate study. We are proud of the affiliations we have with the following universities:
- Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Deakin University
- La Trobe University
- University of Melbourne
Registered nurses at Austin Health undertaking post graduate study with any of our university partners will be provided with well-structured clinical support by the Clinical Nursing Education Department team and clinical staff whilst working in the specialty area.
Each university’s postgraduate program is conducted differently depending on the specialty, with a combination of online modules, face to face learning and associated clinical requirements.
Postgraduate nursing programs for 2022
For 2022, the following postgraduate programs are being offered:
- Graduate Certificate in Cancer Nursing: University of Melbourne
- Graduate Certificate of Nursing Practice (Cardiac Care): Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Nursing Practice (Cardiac Care: Interventional Cardiology): Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Nursing Practice (Emergency Care): Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Nursing Practice (Intensive Care): Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing (Medical: Respiratory): ACU
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing (Neuroscience): ACU
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Paediatrics): University of Melbourne
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Perioperative Practices): La Trobe University
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nursing (Renal): ACU
Other benefits of working at Austin Health
Other benefits of working at Austin Health include:
- physical wellbeing support - including EAP and wellness programs
- financial wellbeing support - including salary packaging options
- personal email account
- secure and subsidised staff car parking
- bike storage on-site
- staff discounts with many local businesses
- close proximity to train, buses and Heidelberg shopping precinct.
Webinar about the 2022 postgraduate programs
We will be hosting a webinar to provide a brief overview of our postgraduate programs and give you the opportunity to ask the education team from each specialty area about their program.
Date: Wednesday 28th July 2021
Time: 2:15 - 3pm
The session will be held via Microsoft Teams and bookings are required.
Book your ticket for the postgraduate programs webinar