We diagnose and treat arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions and autoimmune disorders.
We are experts at diagnosing and treating:
- The many different types of arthritis
- Other musculoskeletal conditions including osteoarthritis, gout, osteoporosis, and some pain conditions, including fibromyalgia
- autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, Sjogren's syndrome, myositis and vasculitis
We provide inpatient care and comprehensive outpatient services.
We run the following clinics:
- General Rheumatology Clinic
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinic
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Clinic
- Autoimmune Disorders Clinic
- Giant Cell Arteritis/Polymyalgia Rheumatica Clinic
- Regional Musculoskeletal/Ultrasound Clinic
You need a referral from your GP, specialist or health care provider to access this service.
For health professionals
Find out how to refer your patient.
For urgent referrals or enquiries, call Switchboard on 03 9496 5000 and ask for the Rheumatology registrar or nurse.
Phone: 03 9496 4013
Fax: 03 9496 4012
Open hours: Tuesday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Dr Lionel Schachna
Acting Head of Unit
Level 1, North Wing
Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
300 Waterdale Road
View location maps
PO Box 5555
Heidelberg VIC 3084