The Office for Research operates in accordance with Austin Health’s Clinical Trial Governance Framework. Research requirements at Austin Health and its research partners apply if any of the following criteria are met:
- the research impacts directly or indirectly on Austin Health patients- inpatients or outpatients
- Austin Health is funding the research directly
- the project uses significant Austin Health resources
- the research could impact on Austin Health's reputation.
- research partners wish to access Austin Health staff and/or patients and/or their data and/or biospecimens. This is also applicable when our Research Partners act as Sponsor/Local Sponsor/ Administering institution for grants
- work being conducted at any Austin Health location, including Austin Health Repatriation, Royal Talbot, and Austin Health Heidelberg are incorporated as a single site for research purposes.
For more information, contact:
Office for Research
Phone: 03 9496 4090
Office of Research holiday season dates
- We are closed from 12pm on Friday 16 December 2022.
- We reopen on Monday 9 January 2023.
- The deadline for most submission types is midday Thursday 8 December 2022.
- For submissions requiring ethics committee review please see here (Meeting Dates 2023) for the relevant cut off date.
We wish you a wonderful holiday season and look forward to partnering with you in 2023!