We provide assessment for people whose brain disorders may be affecting their behaviour and psychiatric functioning.
What to expect
A psychiatrist or neuropsychologist will assess your level of functioning. This can help your treatment team develop a treatment plan, or see if you’re getting better or worse.
You may have one appointment with the clinic, or several.
You may also have an appointment with neurology movement disorders clinic. We sometimes work together if your issues span across both psychiatry and neurology.
What to bring
When you come to hospital for your appointment, you need to bring:
- Medicare card
- Health care card/concession card (if applicable)
- Private health insurance details (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes) including herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame (if applicable)
You need a referral from your GP, specialist or health care provider to access this service.
For health professionals
Fax referrals to 03 9496 2097
Find out more about referrals to mental health.
Brain Disorders Program Neurobehaviour Clinic
Phone: 03 9496 2444
Fax: 03 9496 2097
Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
300 Waterdale Rd
View location map