Artwork from our Reconciliation Action PlanArtwork from our Reconciliation Action PlanArtwork from our Reconciliation Action Plan

Clinics & services

Ngarra Jarra Aboriginal health

Community noticeboard

Our community noticeboard is a place for listing events and notices of interest to our Aboriginal community.

Support for the Community during COVID-19

The Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (VAHS) has extended the operating hours for its Yarning SafeNStrong hotline (1800 95 95 63) to operate seven days a week, for 24 hours.

This free and confidential helpline will not only focus on the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal Victorians, but will also act as a emergency response line to provide assistance with health, family violence,
housing, and legal services.

Call 1800 959 563.

Stuck on who to call?

Many Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations have increased services during this time.

If you’re not sure who to call but need assistance, you can call the helpful team at VAHS about anything on 1800 959 563. They can link you into the right services.

William T Onus Hostel

The William T Onus Hostel provides safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable hostel accommodation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, enabling access to education, employment, health and other essential services.

For updates on room availability, please call:

William T Onus Hostel
Aboriginal Hostels Limited
75 Westgarth St, Northcote VIC 3070
Phone: 03 9036 4510

Visit the Aboriginal Hostels Limited website


Hepatitis C

Did you know that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are almost 5 times as likely to get Hepatitis C compared to non-Aboriginal people?

Hepatitis C is a virus that damages your liver. Hepatitis C is transferred by blood-to-blood contact and is often spread by sharing drug injecting equipment. If you have ever injected or snorted drugs, you might have Hepatitis C.

A course of tablets can now be used to cure Hepatitis C, and is effective is more than 95% of people without major side-effects.

If you think you might have picked up Hep C, ask your doctor to arrange a blood test. If you have Hepatitis C, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a specialist to get treated.

Austin Health's Rapid Access Hepatitis C Treatment Service runs clinics at a few different locations in the community. You can get your doctor to refer you or call us yourself!

Visit the Rapid Access Hepatitis C Treatment Service to find out more or make an appointment.