Victorian Poisons Information_banner_1

Clinics & services

Victorian Poisons Information Centre


The Victorian Poisons Information Centre advises strongly against eating mushrooms that have not been expertly identified.

Lots of mushrooms grow wild around Victoria during autumn and winter. 

There are many poisonous species found in the wild that resemble edible ones. You should only eat mushrooms purchased at a supermarket, greengrocer etc.

There is no test that you can do at home to determine if a mushroom is edible.

For more information, call us on 13 11 26.