We want you to feel comfortable sharing your needs, goals, values and preferences.
Together we can make decisions about your health care that’s tailored to you.
Below is a guide to the things you can share with us to help us ensure we’re providing you with the best care possible:
- Let staff know what’s most important to you
- Let staff know if you need an interpreter
- Let staff know if you have any concerns about your safety or care
- Let staff know if you condition is getting worse
- Ask about your tests, treatments and procedures so you understand your options
- Tell us who you would trust to make decisions for you were unable to
- Tell us if you have any advance care planning documents
- Ask what other treatment options are available to you
- Ask staff to explain any information you don’t understand
- Ask for a Patient and Carer Escalation Call (PACE) if you’re worried about a loved one
During your stay, we’ll provide regular updates on your condition and treatment. We will make all decisions about your health care with you.
We encourage you to be as involved as you like in your own care and decision making.