The Supply & Contracts department provides guidance and oversight for all procurement activities undertaken by Austin Health as well as being responsible for the direct purchasing of many centralised goods and services.
Procurement key principles
The Austin Health Procurement Policy is underpinned by key principles which aim to ensure that:
- Austin Health obtains goods and services that meet specification, are delivered on time at competitive prices from financially stable suppliers;
- Austin Health obtains best value for money based on whole of life cost;
- Procurement processes deliver probity and transparency;
- Risk is managed and minimised;
- Open and fair competition is encouraged based on transparent category management strategies;
- Consistent procedures are followed in accordance with Austin Health policies and comply with the Health Purchasing Victoria policies.