Our goal is to provide you and your loved ones with high-quality, safe, person-centred care.
Visiting hours are restricted to 12-2pm and 5-7pm daily. Each patient can be visited by one person a day for a maximum of two hours.
No visitors are allowed in our Intensive Care Unit (ICU). No visitors are allowed to visit patients who have coronavirus, or suspected coronavirus.
No visitors will be allowed in ED unless the patient is a child, has a disability and needs a carer, or does not speak English and requires translation. If the patient is suspected of having COVID-19, no visitors will be allowed under any circumstances.
Please keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and others wherever possible.
Allowances will be made for patients receiving end-of-life care.
Please don't visit the hospital in groups.
We are screening all visitors and outpatients entering Austin Health buildings, and have limited the number of entrances that people can use. Please read this information before coming to visit.
We know that these measures will be hard for some people, but they are important for limiting the spread of coronavirus. Please treat our staff with kindness and respect.
- Only visit if you're well
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds or apply hand sanitiser before and after your visit
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
Do not visit if you:
- Are unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough or shortness of breath
- Have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- Have been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Thank you for your understanding and for helping us keep our hospital safe.