Complex Care Management was previously known as post acute care (PAC) or Community Link (CLINK)
A team of skilled health professionals provides support to:
- people who have been discharged from hospital and need support to recuperate at home
- people with age-related conditions who are at risk of presenting to the Austin Health Emergency Department
- people who have had many admissions to Austin Health and who need assistance to remain at home and to coordinate multiple services
- people with multiple complex needs who need support to manage as well as possible at home
Our complex care management service is time limited. We aim to help people become more independent in their chronic disease self-management and to access services in the community rather than in hospital.
Care managers are based at Austin Health and in community health services (at Darebin and Banyule).
Clients will have a care manager who will work with them to develop a care plan, assist with care coordination and then transition to general practice and community services.
- are at risk of hospitalisation or of presenting to the Emergency Department
- who live in the Austin Health catchment area; Banyule, Darebin, or Nillumbik,
- who attend Austin Health for most of their healthcare needs
- do not already have a case manager or care coordinator through another program.
Make a referral:
HIP Central Intake
Telephone 03 9496 2211 (opton 1)
Fax 03 9496 4337