It’s important that we know a little bit about you so we can provide you with appropriate care.
When you are admitted to hospital, our staff will check your personal details to help identify you.
Staff will ask you to:
- Provide personal details, such as your name, date of birth and address
- Wear an identification band during your stay. Check that the information on your band is correct. If it is wrong, let staff know.
- Let them know if you have an allergy. If you do, we will give you a red band to wear.
During your stay, we will often ask you:
- Who you are - before giving you any medications, tests, procedures or blood transfusions
- Who you are - many times during your stay - to make sure you always receive the right care
- If you are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background
If we know you are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background we can ensure you receive culturally safe care. We can also link you with Ngarra Jarra Aborignal health while you are here.