Definition of site
Austin Health is considered a site when a research project fits into one of the following criteria:
- the research impacts directly or indirectly on Austin Health patients- inpatients or outpatients
- Austin Health is funding the research directly
- the project uses significant Austin Health resources
- the research could impact on Austin Health's reputation
- Research partners wishing to access Austin Health staff and/or patients and/or their data and/or biospecimens. This is also applicable when our Research Partners act as Sponsor/Local Sponsor/ Administering institution for grants
- Work being conducted at any Austin Health location, including Austin Health Repatriation, Royal Talbot, and Austin Health Heidelberg are incorporated as a single site for research purposes.
Austin Health’s business details incorporate all of Austin Health’s campuses. Our business details for research agreements are
- Business Name & Address: Austin Health, 145 Studley Road, Heidelberg, Vic 3084
- ABN: 96 237 388 063
- Signatory: The delegated person for research agreements changes depending on the project, and type of agreement.
Please refer to our Research Agreement Standard Operating Procedure or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a meeting to discuss your specific needs. We encourage early engagement to avoid lengthy delays and disappointment in research start-up times.
- Digital Signatures: Austin Health encourages the use of Digital Signing platforms, such as Adobe Sign/DocuSign (or equivalent). Please refer to our Research Agreement Standard Operating Procedure for more information.
As part of our commitment to National Clinical Trials Framework, we are working on a streamlined feasibility process. If you have ideas, please email them to email@example.com.
In the meantime, please contact the relevant area of the hospital to arrange a site feasibility assessment.