Research Ethics

In this Section:

About us

The Office for Research (OFR) provides administrative support to Austin Health's Ethics Committees, who are responsible for approving research projects. In addition, staff provide advice and support to researchers with their ethics applications.

All research conducted at Austin Health must receive both ethical approval by a certified Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC), and governance authorisation by the Austin Health OFR before it can commence.

The AH HREC is constituted and operates in accordance with the NHMRC National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007) including all updates.

The Austin Health OFR are also active members in a number of collaborative networks, including:

  1. The Melbourne Academic Centre for Health (MACH) Research Excellence (REx) Steering Committee
  2. Biomedical Research Victoria

Contact us