We provide inpatient care at all three Austin Health campuses. Inpatients are generally assessed within 24 hours of referral and followed up as outpatients upon discharge as required.
On weekends and public holidays a very limited service is provided by an external provider. Patients may only be referred for:
* Urgent fitting of new Halo Thoracic Orthoses that cannot wait until the next business day.
* Urgent complications that have arisen with patients wearing Halo Thoracic Orthoses (eg. dislodgement, infected pin sites, loose pins, excessive clicking/noises) that cannot wait until the next business day.
We also provide inpatient management to Warringal Private Hospital as referred.
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Outpatient facility is located at the Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre. Referrals are accepted from any health professional within Austin Health or the wider community.
The Orthotic & Prosthetic department also services the following Austin Health outpatient clinics:
Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital:
• Orthopaedic Outpatient and Fracture Clinics
Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre:
• Victorian Spinal Cord Service Gait Clinic
• Victorian Artificial Limb Program Clinic