Austin Health is offering a cadetship program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enrolled nursing students. This program enables enrolled nursing students to gain professional experience in a health care setting while completing their studies. The cadet will work under the delegation of a registered nurse and support the team in providing patient care.
Austin Health's Aboriginal Enrolled Nurse Cadetship program offers:
- Paid employment in the health care setting
- Two rotations in a ward environment (total of 40 shifts)
- Hospital orientation
- Clinical support
- Access to educational and professional development sessions
Other benefits include:
- Salary Packaging
- Personal email account
- Staff discounts with many local businesses
- Close proximity to train, buses and Heidelberg shopping precinct
- Secure and subsidised staff car parking
- Bike storage on-site
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander,
- Be completing your Diploma of Nursing full time,
- Maintain a passing grade in all subjects,
- Have completed your first clinical placement; and/or within your second half of the first year of the Diploma of Nursing; or the first half of the second and final year of the Diploma of Nursing.
- Not be receiving other financial support from the Victorian government and
- Be a Victorian resident attending a Victorian education provider
Your application must include:
- A one-page cover letter outlining your reasons for applying to the program
- A concise CV (no more than three pages) with employment experience and dates and places of clinical placements
- Two referees, preferably one nursing and one professional with current contact details (phone and email)
- Most recent clinical appraisal document
- Most recent academic transcript
All photocopies documents must be certified by JP or verified by a university stamp.
Please check that all your documents have been successfully uploaded.
Once your application is complete you must click 'submit'.
Ph: 03 9496 4764
Closing the Gap
Austin Health is committed to achieving equality in health status between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-indigenous Australians
Austin Health is a member of the Victorian Aboriginal Graduate and Cadetship Network and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.