Mr Angelo Rando demonstrating the use of the Perimetry Field Test machine
Perimetry is a very important clinical tool for measuring central and peripheral visual field function. It is a threshold test involving quantification of visual sensitivity.
- Glaucoma (Perimetry is fundamental in diagnosing and managing glaucoma)
- Qualifying visual field loss following stroke
- Neurological and vascular disease, including optic neuritis, BIH/Papilloedema, anterior ischaemic optic neuropathies, MS
- Unexplained visual complaints / loss of vision
- Headache / orbital pain
- Ocular-toxic systemic medications, including Plaquenil, Ethambutol