Why does Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre provide a Community Integration & Leisure Service?
To support people to become self-empowered to recreate a meaningful lifestyle through innovative approaches to community integration and leisure.
What does the Community Integration & Leisure Service wish to achieve?
- To assist in meaningful adaptation to new circumstances resulting from injury or illness in ways that build on past experiences
- To assist in establishing an enjoyable and balanced lifestyle in the community
- To foster an environment that is humanising and fun
- To maintain the values of human dignity.
How are we going to achieve our goals?
- Explore a diverse range of leisure options for individuals and groups
- Assist people to access and build supportive social networks
- Support people to become part of their community
- Foster a warm and friendly atmosphere at Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre
- Encourage people's capacity for self-care.