In this Section:
Austin Mental Health Graduate Nurses are provided with a supportive environment to develop to their full potential.
Graduates have two rotations to integrate theory with practice in a range of general and specialist child, adolescent and adult mental health services with a focus on consumer centred high quality care.
The successful completion of the academic requirements provides graduates with recognition for prior learning for the Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing with The University of Melbourne, RMIT University, Latrobe University, Monash University and University of South Australia. Subject accreditation may also be obtained with other universities.
An information session that will give an overview of the Austin Mental Health Service and the Early Graduate Program 2018 (Mental Health), will be held on Monday, 29th May 2017.
Time: 5pm until 6:30pm (Please arrive at 4:45pm)
Venue: Room 4.6 Education Centre, Level 4 Austin Tower, Austin Hospital (see map).
Please note: Tours of the Mental Health units are not offered. People interested in doing a walk through the grounds to the mental health precinct at the Austin Hospital, should arrive by 4pm to meet outside the Lecture Theatre. The walk will leave at 4.15pm, weather permitting.
Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator - Mental Health
Ph 03 9496 6473
All applications MUST be submitted electronically via our Careers page once positions open.
1. One page cover letter with reasons for applying to Austin mental health.
2. Concise CV of no more than 3 pages outlining relevant experience.
3. Two COMPLETE clinical appraisal tools, one of which should be from a mental health placement.
4. Two work/clinical placement referees including one from mental health (preferred).
5. Most recent official transcript of results with key of result code.
6. A recent photo.
The University of Melbourne: Department of Psychiatry
Advantages of the program include: